Views
Helpful
Replies

Device Pool and a rejected registration

Scott Hanson
Level 3
Level 3

All,

I have a 7940 Running on CM 8.6(2).  when it is in the Default Device Pool it works fine.  If I change the DP to the locations Specific DP I get a "Registration Rejected" message on the phone.  The DP is the only thing I change.  Other phones are working fine in that DP.  Does anyone have any idea what could be causing that?

Thanks,

replies rated.

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

By any chance does the DPs have a different CUCM group??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,

What will the procedure be if we are changing DP in a different CUCM group? I also got the same issue when changing DP in a different CUCM group.

Deepak Mehta
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Scott,

Are you using different CM groups for Default device pool and local specific device pool.

It may be because the location device pool-primary CUCM database doesn't have the entry for this phone .

jchen20071024
Level 1
Level 1

Scott,

Did you figure out the issue you were having and why the phone was rejected when you change Device Pool?  I am having the same issue on CUCM 10.5 and a 7940 ip phone.  If you could update on your resolution I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: