cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dial-peer and Translation-profiles example, HELP....

adsuther1
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone please tell me, why when i dial 911 from IP_Phone 1000 i get fastbusy?

From the DATAFILL ABOVE i'm thinking by dialing 911 IP_phone 1001 should ring?

I can call from IP_Phone 1000 to IP_Phone 1001 when dialing each extension; and calls complete;

I'm trying to test a translation-profile being added to a dial-peer....and it's not working.

HELP!!!

Question: can i originate a 911 call  without a dial-peer with a destination-pattern for 911? or does the translation-rule cover the

destination-pattern funtionality?

voice translation-rule 911
 rule 1 /^911$/ /1001/
 rule 2 /^9911$/ /1001/

voice translation-profile EMGCY
 translate called 911

dial-peer voice 17 voip
 translation-profile incoming EMGCY
 session protocol sipv2
 session target sip-server
 voice-class codec 1
 voice-class sip dtmf-relay force rtp-nte
 dtmf-relay rtp-nte
 no vad

LAP_3825_1PORT#show sip-ua register status
Line          peer           expires(sec)  registered   P-Associated-URI
============  =============  ============  ===========  ================
1000                              20001       2             yes
1001                              20002       6             yes
LAP_3825_1PORT#

ADS
3 Replies 3

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Sorry editing my post didn't read your question:

Yes you will need a dial-peer for that, as the translation profile is applied under dial-peer. Can you clarify if this is CME? both the extensions 1000 and 1001 are registered on the same CME?

if that's the case you can apply num-expansion to replace the numbers as num-expansions apply gloably, if you don't want to create the dial-peer, use below command:

num-exp 911 1001 

-Terry

Please rate all helpful posts

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Sorry, I have edited my below post, please let me know if the below solves your issue. As per below post you can just use the command:

num-exp 911 1001 

if you just want to to translate 911 to 1001. As the translation-rules will need to have a dial-peer pattern matched before it can apply those rules.

Let me know how you go.

-Terry

Please rate all helpful posts

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You should know that a phone is a dial-peer, and that every call includes exactly two dial-peers: The Incoming dial-peer and the Outgoing dial-peer.  So, now you should know that if a phone is a dial-peer, and there are only two dial-peers in a call, then when the phone makes a call, its own dial-peer is acting as the Incoming dial-peer, and when it receives a call, its own dial-peer acts as the Outgoing dial-peer.

To see your dial-peers that represent your phones, use the command:

show voice register dial-peer

If you have two phones: 1000 and 1001, then you have two dial-peers.  When 1000 calls 1001, then 1000 is the Incoming dial-peer and 1001 is the Outgoing dial-peer.  That's it.  You cannot create extra dial-peers to use in that scenario.  In other words: you cannot have a call go through three dial-peers. E.g., 1000 as Incoming, 911 as middle, and 1001 as Outgoing.

The suggestion that Terry gave, to use the num-exp command is probably your best option.  Simply enter this command into global config mode:

num-exp 911 1001