cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dial-Peer Priority

IP_Cartel
Level 1
Level 1

I have two dial-peers for outgoing.  I want to be able to make dial-peer 1 the priority and when it is unavailable I want it to use dial-peer 2.

The issue I am having is Dial-Peer 2 is always taking precedence over dial-peer 1.  Is there a way to make one of the dial-peers as a preferred dial-peer?  Do I need to use the same voice class? 

Sample dialing 92135551234.  Dial peer 1 strips the 9 as it should, but dial-peer 2 I need it to keep the 9 until it reaches my other voice gateway.  

Voice class e164-pattern-map 2
e164 91[2-9]..[2-9]......
e164 9[2-9]......

dial-peer voice 1 voip
description Primary SIP
translation-profile outgoing 7DIGITS
preference 1
destination-pattern ^9[2-9]......
session protocol sipv2
session server-group 40
voice-class codec 1
voice-class sip bind control source-interface GigabitEthernet0/0/0
voice-class sip bind media source-interface GigabitEthernet0/0/0
dtmf-relay rtp-nte sip-notify
fax rate 14400 bytes 48
ip qos dscp cs3 signaling
no vad
!
Dial-peer voice 2 voip
Description Failover SIP
Destination e164-pattern-map 2
Session protocol sipv2
Session target ipv4:2.2.2.2
Preference 2
Voice-class codec 1
fax rate 14400 bytes 48
dtmf-reay rtp-nte sip-notify
ip qos dscp cs3 signaling
No vad

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You need to have the exact same match statement on both dial peers for the preference to be a factor. Otherwise it will use the best match dial peer. You can alter this behaviour with the dial-peer hunt command. For details on this see this spectacular document. In Depth Explanation of Cisco IOS and IOS-XE Call Routing 

Response Signature

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

You need to have the exact same match statement on both dial peers for the preference to be a factor. Otherwise it will use the best match dial peer. You can alter this behaviour with the dial-peer hunt command. For details on this see this spectacular document. In Depth Explanation of Cisco IOS and IOS-XE Call Routing 

Response Signature

Thank you. I will do that. 

that document is very helpful. thank you