cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dial-Peer Problem

zwitter153
Level 1
Level 1

I have two Cisco 2821 gateways connected through a site-to-site VPN. Gateway A has a dial-peer to allow calls to extensions on Gateway B.

Gateway A Dial Peer:

dial-peer voice 1000 voip

destination-pattern 10..

session target ipv4:192.168.15.3

Gateway B points back to Gateway A for Voicemail. The voicemail dial peer on Gateway B is:

dial-peer voice 6000 voip

destination-pattern 6000

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:192.168.50.2

codec g711ulaw

no vad

When a call is made from an extension on Gateway A to an extension on Gateway B and the extension on Gateway B has a call forward no answer to voicemail, the incoming redirected call from Gateway B to Gateway A is triggering the Gateway A Dial Peer 1000 because the Calling Number is the Gateway A extension and the Called Number is the Gateway B extension and the dial peer is matching the called number. Instead of the call from Gateway B being redirected to voicemail, Gateway A is trying to send the call back to Gateway B, and is causing a loop.

Is there a way to make the dial peer 1000 only trap OUTBOUND calls from Gateway A and ignore INBOUND calls that would match? I cannot use a translation rule for inbound calls from Gateway B to Gateway A as I need Gateway B extensions to be able to call Gateway A extensions and access the voicemail service engine on Gateway A.

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Els
Level 5
Level 5

Please confirm your router IOS version?  This can be solved using dial-peer groups.  Shamelessly punting my own blog, this can be solved using an overall methodology that I've outlined here:

http://afterthenumber.com/2015/12/07/implementing-loop-prevention-on-cube/

Hope this helps.

Hi,

Since your problem with voicemail calls only, you can configure specific dialpeer to match voicemail. On gateway A try to configure the following dialpeer

dial-peer voice 6000 voip

incoming called-number 6000

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:voicemail-ip

codec g711ulaw