cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dial peer

LCMC
Level 1
Level 1

I am reading about dial peers, but unfortunately i don't have a router Cisco and connection to PSTN, but i want understand the configuration.
in the documentation say this:

For inbound calls from a POTS interface that are destined for the packet network, the router matches a POTS dial peer for the inbound call leg and a voice-network dial peer, such as VoIP or VoFR, for the outbound leg. For inbound calls from the packet network, the router matches a POTS dial peer to terminate the call and a voice-network dial peer to apply features such as codec or QoS.

if i have a E1 with the number 59991650... and i have a CUCM with ip 192.168.220.1...
How can i configuring the dial peer of inbound and outbound?

thank you.

Luis Coiro
7 Replies 7

kkoeper12
Level 3
Level 3

There's lots of other details/options but here's the basics.

dial-peer voice 1 pots

incoming called-number .   (to match all incoming calls on the E1)

destination-pattern 9........      (to match outgoing calls to the PSTN that start with a 9 followed by any 8 digits)

port 0/0/0:15  (send calls out the E1 if it is in port 0/0/0)

dial-peer voice 2 voip

incoming called-number .   (to match any incoming calls from the CUCM)

destination-pattern 59991650...    (to send calls starting with 59991650 followed by any 3 digits)

session target ipv4:192.168.220.1   (to send calls to the CUCM)

kkoeper, thanks... but i dont understand why this:

destination-pattern 59991650...    (to send calls starting with 59991650 followed by any 3 digits)  

Luis Coiro

gwy(config-dial-peer)#destination-patternstringWhen inbound call legs are matched, this command uses the calling number (originating or ANI string) to match the incoming call leg to an inbound dial peer.

Note: For outbound dial peers, this command is matched against the called number or DNIS strings.

Calling Number (ANI) for inboundor the Called number (DNIS) strings for outbound

refer the below doc for more understanding on dial-peers:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice/call-routing-dial-plans/14074-in-dial-peer-match.html

-Venkatesh

Luis,

that is because you stated in your opening post:

if i have a E1 with the number 59991650... and i have a CUCM with ip 192.168.220.1...
How can i configuring the dial peer of inbound and outbound?

If that is incorrect, you will need to change dial-peer 2 accordingly

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

The DP config guides are very thorough with the how to, if you still need more assistance, look at the command help

https://tools.cisco.com/Support/CLILookup/cltSearchAction.do

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Wilson Samuel
Level 7
Level 7

So if I understand correctly, all you want to know is how basically the dial peers work?

I will be happy to share the info if it is so, I learned myself the hard way, so any help I can do to you would be great..

Regards

yes, please.. share with me

Luis Coiro