cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dial softkey on 7975G (SIP)

TipsTrade
Level 1
Level 1

We're using 7975Gs on SIP firmware (8-4-1SR2S), and are having some issues with the softkey.xml setup.

In short, we need to remove the DND softkey all the softkeysets as we're finding users aren't noticing it's been pressed - so we've edited the softkey.xml file, which has done the job. Unfortunately there's a side effect:

On the stock keyset, There are 3 keys for the "Digits After First" state: <<, EndCall, Dial

When using the custom softkey.xml, there is not Dial button so the user has to wait for the dialplan timeout.

I've tried adding <softKey keyID="Dial" />, but of course that has no effect as there doesn't appear to be a softKeyDef for it.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Right, the dial softkey must be in the phones firmware rather than a call/phone state softkey template.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What's type of phone server are you using that you're editing the softkey.xml file manually?  I think the problem you're running into is that the config can't have a dial option as you found.  Looking at call manager's options for digits after first, you cannot add a dial softkey to the softkey set. 

Thanks for the reply, we're using Asterisk, hence the SIP & manual softkey editing. Strange that you can't add a Dial softkey for that keyset as the SIP firmware definitely provides it:

Right, the dial softkey must be in the phones firmware rather than a call/phone state softkey template.

Thanks for clarifying that. It's a real shame that it's in the firmware only.

Apologies beforehand for gravedigging, but did you ever find a workaround for this challenge? I'm having a 'me too' situation with 7941's and 7942's.