cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dial softkey on 7975G (SIP)

TipsTrade
Level 1
Level 1

We're using 7975Gs on SIP firmware (8-4-1SR2S), and are having some issues with the softkey.xml setup.

In short, we need to remove the DND softkey all the softkeysets as we're finding users aren't noticing it's been pressed - so we've edited the softkey.xml file, which has done the job. Unfortunately there's a side effect:

On the stock keyset, There are 3 keys for the "Digits After First" state: <<, EndCall, Dial

When using the custom softkey.xml, there is not Dial button so the user has to wait for the dialplan timeout.

I've tried adding <softKey keyID="Dial" />, but of course that has no effect as there doesn't appear to be a softKeyDef for it.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Right, the dial softkey must be in the phones firmware rather than a call/phone state softkey template.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What's type of phone server are you using that you're editing the softkey.xml file manually?  I think the problem you're running into is that the config can't have a dial option as you found.  Looking at call manager's options for digits after first, you cannot add a dial softkey to the softkey set. 

Thanks for the reply, we're using Asterisk, hence the SIP & manual softkey editing. Strange that you can't add a Dial softkey for that keyset as the SIP firmware definitely provides it:

Right, the dial softkey must be in the phones firmware rather than a call/phone state softkey template.

Thanks for clarifying that. It's a real shame that it's in the firmware only.

Apologies beforehand for gravedigging, but did you ever find a workaround for this challenge? I'm having a 'me too' situation with 7941's and 7942's.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: