cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dialing an "Invalid Number" produces a fast busy on CCME

bacland
Level 1
Level 1

Calling an number that doesn't exist (an "invalid number") on our CCME system produces a fast busy signal.

On our CM system, it results in a "Your call cannot be completed as dialed..." message.

I have an auto-attendant script on our CCME system that I wish to perform tasks upon attempting to transfer a call to an "invalid number". Problem is it is reporting to the script as 'busy' and not performing the correct tasks.

Is there a way to get a call to a non-existent number on our CCME system to give a system message or report differently than a fast busy so that the script will detect it properly and run the right code?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I think that if you configure dial-peers matching all the invalid numbers, and have an application announce under it, that would do what you are asking.

mschooley
Level 1
Level 1

when you are writing your script you collect the digits then you use the extension to user statement, if that is unsuccessful you can put the play prompt you have reached an invalid extension there, then redirect them back to main menu. let me know if you would like a copy of this

Hi mschooley, sure why don't you post the script here for the benefit of all the CMErs.