cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dialpeer Question

johnk
Level 1
Level 1

I'm quite sure this has been answered previously but I've been unable to find.

I have a customer who has a CME box with FXS ports and a PRI interface.  The customer wishes to put an analog phone in a public location that makes only outside calls without an access code.  I'm unsure how to do this.

So basically, when the analog phone is picked up, everything it dials goes directly to an outside line.

Thanks in advance!!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
One way to do that would be to have another dial-peer(s) exactly like you have your current one's but the destination-pattern will be without the access code.

View solution in original post

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
That is because you are overlapping the dial-peer with 8 with the dial-peer starting with [2-9]. The IOS is not intelligent enough like UCM to effectively manage such a dial plan.
I have seen it working but more often than not this is the issue that you might face.

You can look into using a [2-9]T pattern rather than [2-9]..[2-9]......

Your FXS port users would need to press a # to terminate the call and not wait 15 seconds for inter digit timer to expire. Test and see if it helps.

In addition to this you can try changing the default dial-peer hunt mechanism to either 1 or 5. Read here for more info -
https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3/vvf_r/vrg_d1_ps1839_TSD_Products_Command_Reference_Chapter.html#wp1100737

One more option could be using DPG to force the dial-peer selection. I have talked about this feature here -
https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/ip-telephony/srst-and-dial-peer-groups-dpg/td-p/3369817

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
You need a couple of POTS dial-peers -

dial-peer voice 1 pots >> this dial-peer will be used as an incoming dial-peer when making calls from FXS
destination-pattern 1234 >> adjust to something that would route the incoming calls to your analog phone
port x/y/z >> FXS port

dial-peer voice 2 pots
destination-pattern 9[2-9]..[2-9]..... >> you can adjust this to how your users dial
port x/y/z:23 >> assuming you have a T1 PRI
forward-digits 10 >> to strip any explicitly defined digits

Can you clarify for me please?  In your example, you have the phone dialing the access code 9 to pick up the PRI.  My goal is to have everything from this FXS go straight to the PRI, no matter what number is dialed.

I already have a trunk group for which the access code is 8, but I'm attempting to take (from your example) extension 1234 and have any number it dials go directly out the PRI.

Additionally, I'm interested in having whatever digits are dialed to be sent out the PRI

forward-digits all ->not sure this is real but what I'm trying to accomplish.

Thanks for your assistance!

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
I understand. So the users can dial the numbers with an access code and/or without one but still be able to route the calls out and does that need to account for any number of digits ?

Basically yes.  Ultimately the number of digits dialed would be 10 or 11 or the call wouldn't complete successfully due to local provider dial plans.

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
One way to do that would be to have another dial-peer(s) exactly like you have your current one's but the destination-pattern will be without the access code.

Ah, I see!  I will mark it as an answer after one follow up question.  This in no way will affect dialing internal extension due to the command

destination-pattern [2-9]..[2-9]......

Correct?

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Nope. Internal CME calls will use virtual dial-peers that are automatically created for when you define ephone-dn for SCCP phones and register SIP Phones on a per line basis.
I hope you are not using 10 digit DID schema for internal calls as well ?

:) No, we are not using 10 and 11 digit internal extensions but thank you for asking that question. 

You are the winner - solution accepted!

Thank you very much!

John

One last series of questions (I didn't realize this would happen).

My dial-peer I created with

destination-pattern [2-9]..[2-9]......

Is intercepting my calls destined for

8[2-9]..[2-9]......

and not dialing them properly.  I tired to adjust the preference but it didn't appear to make a difference. 

Any suggestions to limit this peer to be utilized only by the FXS port and not the other devices?

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
That is because you are overlapping the dial-peer with 8 with the dial-peer starting with [2-9]. The IOS is not intelligent enough like UCM to effectively manage such a dial plan.
I have seen it working but more often than not this is the issue that you might face.

You can look into using a [2-9]T pattern rather than [2-9]..[2-9]......

Your FXS port users would need to press a # to terminate the call and not wait 15 seconds for inter digit timer to expire. Test and see if it helps.

In addition to this you can try changing the default dial-peer hunt mechanism to either 1 or 5. Read here for more info -
https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3/vvf_r/vrg_d1_ps1839_TSD_Products_Command_Reference_Chapter.html#wp1100737

One more option could be using DPG to force the dial-peer selection. I have talked about this feature here -
https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/ip-telephony/srst-and-dial-peer-groups-dpg/td-p/3369817