cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Difference between Route pattern and Translation pattern?

Aswin S
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, Can someone clarify me the basic difference between Route Pattern and Translation Pattern? Is there any relation like incoming call to cucm handled by TP and Outgoing calls from cucm deal by RP? Please correct me if am wrong.

Simply i would like to know where and when to use TP and RP.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Basic use of a translation pattern is to modify called or calling number information and then send it to either the same CSS as original or to a set CSS selected in the translation pattern. A route pattern basic use is to send the call to a route list or trunk/gateway directly. This can be a voice gateway to send the call to PSTN or a trunk to send to another internal system, like another CUCM. This is quite clearly described in documentation for CUCM.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Basic use of a translation pattern is to modify called or calling number information and then send it to either the same CSS as original or to a set CSS selected in the translation pattern. A route pattern basic use is to send the call to a route list or trunk/gateway directly. This can be a voice gateway to send the call to PSTN or a trunk to send to another internal system, like another CUCM. This is quite clearly described in documentation for CUCM.

Response Signature

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Might want to do some reading

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/8x/uc8x/dialplan.html

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: