cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Different between cisco jabber - Mobile Voice Access (MVA)

Ahmed Tarek
Level 3
Level 3

hi all,

i just get a little confused between cisco jabber and mobile voice access MVA, as my knowledge is if i have cisco jabber over VPN or in my cell phone that mean i can make calls from my extension, so what the point of mobile voice access if i have cisco jabber?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi there,

One of the use cases I can think of is when you can still use "dial via office" even if you don’t have an internet connection on your mobile, or if you are using your fixed line but still want to route calls via office telephone connectivity. This is particularly useful since Cisco Jabber requires an internet connection or connectivity with your PBX system if you are in an enterprise network. Additionally, some organizations still do not provide Jabber on mobile devices unless the mobile devices are managed by their Mobile Device Management system.

Regards,

Shalid 

Disclaimer:

Responses are based on personal knowledge and experience. Consider them as guidance. Other members may offer different perspectives or better approaches. No responsibility is assumed for outcomes; discretion is advised.

View solution in original post

Cisco Jabber is a unified communications application that provides instant messaging, voice and video calls, voice messaging, desktop sharing, conferencing, and presence. It allows users to communicate on multiple devices. Its a softphone which you install on a PC, mobile or a Ipad.

On the other hand, Mobile Voice Access is a feature of Cisco Unified Communications Manager that allows users to access and use their desktop phone line from an outside line, such as a mobile phone or home phone.

The use of MVA has declined, while Jabber has become more prevalent.

I recommend  jabber  with MRA if feasible, Which is VPN less.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi there,

One of the use cases I can think of is when you can still use "dial via office" even if you don’t have an internet connection on your mobile, or if you are using your fixed line but still want to route calls via office telephone connectivity. This is particularly useful since Cisco Jabber requires an internet connection or connectivity with your PBX system if you are in an enterprise network. Additionally, some organizations still do not provide Jabber on mobile devices unless the mobile devices are managed by their Mobile Device Management system.

Regards,

Shalid 

Disclaimer:

Responses are based on personal knowledge and experience. Consider them as guidance. Other members may offer different perspectives or better approaches. No responsibility is assumed for outcomes; discretion is advised.

Cisco Jabber is a unified communications application that provides instant messaging, voice and video calls, voice messaging, desktop sharing, conferencing, and presence. It allows users to communicate on multiple devices. Its a softphone which you install on a PC, mobile or a Ipad.

On the other hand, Mobile Voice Access is a feature of Cisco Unified Communications Manager that allows users to access and use their desktop phone line from an outside line, such as a mobile phone or home phone.

The use of MVA has declined, while Jabber has become more prevalent.

I recommend  jabber  with MRA if feasible, Which is VPN less.

Response Signature

Ahmed Tarek
Level 3
Level 3

thanks for your support and help!