cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Different Caller IDs are desired to be displayed on each different call???

Hi all,

My customer has just transitioned to SIP Trunk (to an ITSP). They use CUCM 10.5 and CUBE (2901 ISR G2). CUBE is used to communicate with the ITSP. Everything is working. Yesterday they gave me a call asking whether it is possible to show different caller id on each outbound calls without user intervention. Making it simple, assume that there is an extension 7575. The staff using this extension is responsible for making outbound calls to deal with customers who have outstanding accounts or unpaid bills. This staff realized that caller id displayed on called person's mobile phone had been blocked and thus the calls received from this company are rejected. That is why my customer desires to show different caller ids on each call to let his calls answered. ITSP has already allowed 10 PSTN number to be shown. But how would it be possible to change caller id in a round-robin fashion on every call? As the customer is using 3905 there is only one line and unfortunately the customer does not want to dial an additional prefix for this purpose. 

Your advices are appreciated. Solutions based on CUBE shall be preferred...

Regards,

Regards, Ahmet Hudai KOYUNCU CCNA Voice, CCNA Security
5 Replies 5

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Amet,

you can use for example different caller ID for different type of calls (local,mobile,International)

or you can make grouping of users and each group has its own route pattern with caller ID

or use translation patterns to achieve that

HTH

Anas

don't forget to rate the helpful posts

Dear Anas,

Thank you for the response.

Believe me we have considered to deploy those technique. However all of three methods are not applicable. Because the customer does not allow grouping of users. Majority of aforementioned outbound calls are placed to mobile numbers. Translation rules are already used to display a specific caller id and to the best of my knowledge i cannot create a caller id pool by means of translation rules. In summary my customer desires to change caller id on each outbound call regardless of which group they belongs or to which destination they place call. Is it possible to achieve displaying different caller ids on every different outbound call?

Thank you...

The simple truth is no it is not possible. Please tell your customer this.

Please rate all useful posts

As i knowledged that this is possible to achieve this on AVAYA Aura CM system, i thought that it is also possible on CUCM and CUBE. Anyway, thank you very much...

Hi Ahmet,

it is not possible to use round robin selection for calling numbers.

the options are grouping based on type of call (local,mobile,international) or based on group users

HTH

Anas

don't forget to rate the helpful posts