Views
Helpful
Replies

Different timezone with the schedules in Unity

Yangjp715
Level 2
Level 2

Hi all,

Is there any way to configure Schedules with different timezone in Unity? I know voicemail box and call handlers can be configured with the proper timezone and applying with the schedules. But i am trying to use Forwarded Routing Rules with the configured schedule, the timezone is only applied with the default one.

Thanks in advance!

5 Replies 5

Hi,

If you match a forwarded call using proper routing rule then you can assign
the required handler with the appropriate schedule.

I am not sure if I am missing something but different forwarding rules can
be matched in unity and assigned different handlers with different
schedules. These rules can match different conditions.

**** please remember to rate useful posts

I am planning to use two forwarded routing rules with the same fwd-station and the different schedules to the different call handlers. The schedule should be applying with the different timezone instead of the default one.

E.g.  rule   fwd-station  schedule          Call handler

1      1234           work hours            A

2      1234           after hours            B

Can't you use single rule and tune your schedule for working and after
hours.? This is doable in unit. Just configure your schedule as needed. If
you want to have different rules with different handlers, you need to match
different fields otherwise first one will be matched.

**** please remember to rate useful posts

Thanks Baqari, Single rule should be OK. I am just seeking if there is option on this under forwarded routing rules.

Holy smokes! In all my years I never noticed that a Routing Rule does not have a Timezone option to go along with the schedule. If there is anyone in the BU reading these threads, this would be on my Feature Request list. (Either as part of the Schedule Condition, or in the main routing rule.) I think your idea of using two rules with different schedules based on the offset from default is the only way to go. (Or one rule with a schedule/holiday for work hours  and the other rule without one as a catchall.)

That said, would it be possible to use a single call handler with different behavior (greeting, after greeting action, etc.) for work hours vs. after hours? Meaning: Are the requirements so different that you need two handlers?

Maren