Views
Helpful
Replies

Different version CUCM in same cluster

Muralidharan.p
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Can we use differnt versions of CUCM in the same cluster? and also let me know whether the below setup are possible. If it is not possible please let me know the exact problem.

Publisher CUCM 6 and subcriber version 4

Publisher CUCM 8 and subcriber version 6

Also let me know its possible to configure a trunk between two different cucm versions.

Thanks in advance.

Murali

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

I have never heard about this before , what is the reason you want to use the different versions on the same cluster ???

i think it is not possible since every version has a different DB schema .

About the trunk , of course , this is good point about trunks that no matter what are the version of the clusters you can talk to each other , i always prefer to use intercluster trunks between CUCM's , if with another vender , it depends , you can either use SIP (if supported) or h.323 trunk (non gatekeeper controlled).

Amer

View solution in original post

Hi Murali

You definitely can't mix different CUCM versions in the same cluster. All servers in the same cluster must be running *exactly* the same version - including any Service Updates that have been applied.

Barry

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hello,

I have never heard about this before , what is the reason you want to use the different versions on the same cluster ???

i think it is not possible since every version has a different DB schema .

About the trunk , of course , this is good point about trunks that no matter what are the version of the clusters you can talk to each other , i always prefer to use intercluster trunks between CUCM's , if with another vender , it depends , you can either use SIP (if supported) or h.323 trunk (non gatekeeper controlled).

Amer

Hi Murali

You definitely can't mix different CUCM versions in the same cluster. All servers in the same cluster must be running *exactly* the same version - including any Service Updates that have been applied.

Barry

Hi Amer&Barry,

Thank you very much for you replies. The reason is we are having CUCM in UK and south Africa(bother are version 6). Now we are upgrading UK CUCM from 6 to 8 and want know whether we should upgrade SA CUCM also.

Thanks

Murali.

Hello,

Take it as a rule , is both of them are on the same cluster then you should diffenetly upgrade it , if not it doesn't matter , as Barry said , the cluster should have the same version on all servers.

If you have two different clusters , the most important that each cluster would have the same version (within the same cluster).

Amer

Ya I got it. Thanks a lot Amer and Barry.

Murali.