Replies

Digit manipulation in Route Patterns

Charles Rayer
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to create a route pattern that will transform

into

9 0207 414 5555

I create a route pattern, matching 9.74145555 and put it in the partition which links the phone device CSS and the Route List that leads to the SIP trunk - where all the other HO partitions are.

I set the Route List

Now, I set the Called Party Transformation to:

Discard Digits: PreDot

Mask: blank

Prefix: 020

So, when I dial 974145555 my phone's display turns the number into 0207 414 5555 but on the router I debug SIP messages and see only 74145555 coming through.

Where am I going wrong please?:

4 Replies 4

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

The transfomations you specify on the Route Pattern are overridden by the Route List/Route Group configuration if there are settings configured there.

If you click on the Route List, then scroll down and click on the Route Group it will show you the settings there.

Don't go straight to the route group, as the settings are associated with the Route List-Route Group link rather than the Route Group itself.

Bear in mind if you change the settings on the RL/RG it will probably stop other existing RPs working if they rely on that - you would want to configure DDIs/prefixes on the other RPs before taking the settings off the RL/RGs - or just create a new RL for this RP.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

As Aaron suggested do all of this in Route List, simply use:

preDot stripping

prefix 9020

hopefully your SIP dial-peers are matching with leading 9, if not it would be good idea to change it, if you dont want to then simply change the Route List transformation to:

preDot stripping

prefix 020

Also, ensure you are doing no translations on the CUBE.

Chris

Charles Rayer
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Aaron, that made sense and helped me out.

The RL-RG link has a discard pre-dot on it only. So rather than delete that and check all the patterns have the same I created a new RL and RG specifically for RPs that need digit manipulation.

I find it strange that in all the reading I did trying to figure out why the manipulation wasn't working, nowhere did it mention about the RL priority.

Thanks guys

Every day is a school day :-)

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts and mark 'answered' if appropriate, to help identify useful content!

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: