Helpful
Replies

Digiti Manipulation and Translation

Reynaldo Silva
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys!

I have a question about voice gateway.

My scenario is a voice gateway with 2 link (2 different ISP) to PSTN and one trunk to PBX.

I need the voice gateway decide what the ISP will follow the call, based on called number.

I Know, if the partner get include the digit, when i receive the call in voice gateway, i will remove the digit in dial-peer and follow to correct ISP, but the PBX,don´t have that feature and now,i need that decision is resolve in voice gateway.

Any idea?

7 Replies 7

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are you saying you need to send the call to ISP based on the called number?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Please rate all useful posts

yes, this is my scenario.

I dont see what the problem is. If the called number is different then configure the dial-peers to point to the correct ISP

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

OK, i think you don´t understand the problem.

Only to clear.The problem, is the router need to decide what the ISP will send the information, based on extension, and the extension is behind the PBX.

Ok..So you want to route calls based on calling number..You can use answer-address to achieve this..

dial-peer voice 5 pots

answer-address 5....

destination-pattern 9T

port 0/0/0:15

dial-peer voice  pots

asnwer-address 6....

destination-pattern 9T

port 0/0/1:15

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

You think i don´t need to use translation or some types of regex to include or retired digits?

You can do it in different ways..This is one of them and you can use voice translation rules too.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: