cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Direct calls from a specific number to a specfic DN

Wes Schochet
Level 3
Level 3

I have a CME with an FXO port that is PLAR'd to a specific extension for inbound calls:

voice-port 0/0/0
input gain 4
no comfort-noise
timeouts interdigit 3
connection plar 8123
description incoming FXO call
caller-id enable

For calls from a specific number, say my partner Bob's cell phone (612-555-8888) I would like them to show up on a different dn, say 2204.

I have tried several approches to no avail - I believe that I have some confusion between the inbound and the outbound dial peers.  I think that this should work, but it doesn't:

dial-peer voice 610 pots
answer-address 6125558888

destination-pattern 2204
port 0/0/0
prefix 2204

So then, I added a tanslation rule:

voice translation-rule 6

rule 1 /8123/ /2204/                
rule 2 /6125558888/ /2204/

I used both the 8123 abd 6125558888 numbers in this rule out of sheer dspiration hoping one or the other would get a hit.  My DP now looks like this:

dial-peer voice 610 pots
answer-address 6128132333
destination-pattern 2204
translate-outgoing called 6
port 0/0/0
prefix 2204

Although I can't explain exactly what I was thinknig, it seems that there is alot of stuff here that should have worked.  Still, calls from 6125558888  are ringing straight to 8123.

Has anyone done this before or know how to do it?  I am obviously missing something or just plain confused.  Any guidence or a sample dial-peer would be appreciated!

Thanks

Wes

translate-outgoing called 6

2 Replies 2

dijohn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Don't think that's possible.

FXO's normally have a DID..Once you call that DID from the PSTN the line goes off-hook and sends the call to the connection-plar DN.

Maybe you can think in the lines of tcl script to analyse the calling number and route the calls accordingly!

HTH

PS: Rate only useful posts

Thanks, I'll take a look at that.  I do see the inbound dial peer being matched in the trace - I just don't knwo how to direct the call to the appropriate outbound dial peer.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: