cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Direct outgoing calls to specific bri ports

dawsonpettifer1
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco 2911 voice gateway with x2 two port BRI cards. I have two ISDN 2 circuits as per attached diagram.

I have x5 phones that need to use x1 ISDN circuit and another x5 phones that require to use the other ISDN circuit. I do not require to fail over from one Isdn to the other. We do not use MGCP, so this gateway is a H323 gateway.

How do I direct outgoing calls from specific phones to use each ISDN/BRI card accordingly? Is this achievable without using MGCP?

What configuration is required to utilise all 4 channels?

4 Replies 4

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

do a bit more research on this forum mate, this question has been asked, and answered dozens of times before on this forum.

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Hi Dennis

Do you have a previous thread you can send me on this topic as I have researched this and cannot find the answer you mentioned?

What would be the solution to this problem ie. COR, Trunk-groups or Digit Manipulation

Hi Dennis,

I found the attached pdf that helps me direct calls to different bri ports by tagging digits at the front of the dialled number, but the issue I have now is I am unable to dial 999.

I don't want to use MGCP which I know would solve this issue. Any suggestions

igo.gunawan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi 

I have the same issue.

This is the config I added, by tagging digits in the front of dialled number, but still doesn't work.

Do you know what's wrong?

Thanks.

dial−peer voice 1 voip
translation−profile incoming Phone3
answer−address 103
!
voice translation−profile Phone3
translate called 1
!
voice translation−rule 1
rule 1 /^0/ /19/
!
dial-peer voice 13 pots
description ## Telstra ISDN outbound - National / Mobile - From Line 103 to 0/0/1##
destination-pattern 190[2-478]........
port 0/0/1
forward-digits 10
no sip-register