cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Directing extension without a voicemail to another extensions voicemail?

bobdchambers
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Hunt Pilot set up where it will right 10001 for so many seconds and then try 10002. This is working great.

Now if the user doesn't answer 10002 they receive a message saying... "If you know the extension you are trying to reach please dial it now".

What I would like to happen is the caller is redirected to the voicemail box for 10001. I've tried setting it up in Call Manager v9.1.2 under Call Forward and Pickup settings but I'm not having any luck.

What is the best way to achieve this?

8 Replies 8

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Bob,

This can be done a few ways. You can set up the Hunt Pilot DN - xxxxx as an Alternate extension under 10001 in Unity Connection if that is what you are running for voicemail :)

Cheers!

Rob

We are using Unity and I tried that but it didn't work. :(

Check to see if you already have routing rules in place for the behavior you currently have.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

No. We have other setups similar to this without any issues.

No. We have other setups similar to this without any issues.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Bob,

Your best bet when trying to troubleshoot an issue like this one is to use the Port Status Monitor Tool from the great Unity Tools suite. Once you've got it set up you can do some test calls to see what DN is being presented to Unity and see exactly where this is breaking down;

Port Status Remote Monitor for Connection (rPSM)

From;

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/CxN/PortStatusMonitorCUC7x/PortStatusMonitorCUC7x.html

Cheers!

Rob

pmpintogil
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I work in CUCM 7.3 and when I want to test analog extensions extension I need know that I'm calling to see if I'm good location. Is there any option in CUCM that allows me to do that?, Or whether to set something as it gets? urges me because I'm doing tests related lines. 

It's like the * 65 Asteriks 

Something like, "the number you are calling from is ..." 

Thank you.

This has nothing to do with the original thread and no, unless you write down a UCCX script to reply to you with that, there's no way to do this natively.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: