Views
Helpful
Replies

disable "A B C" button in softkey template for 8811

BRPRoman
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

We´re running system version 11.5.1.12900-21 and our users are lucky to have the short dial numbers and the abbreviated dial function, but they´re also complaining when using this feature.

The 8811 is able to display four softkeys at the same time. As soon as you type on digit the softkey menue is: "cancel dialing - call - erase - next menue page", the second menue page is "A B C  - abbreviated dial".
As the "ABC" button is more or less useless from our side and our users would like to have the short dial button on the first page, we want to remove the "ABC" button to make the menue only four entries big and have everything on one menue page.

Is this possible? And how do we have to change the softkey template? Which call state is it when i just type the digits with the handset on hook?

many thanks in advance for your help!
Roman

3 Replies 3

Hi Roman,

have a look to this bug ID CSCua86155 

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Hi Carlo!

Many thanks for looking at my post... but i just see the possibility to downgrade to a version 9.2.x or lower in this bug. 
Or am i overlooking the real solution?

best wishes,

Roman

The bug (which is really a feature request) is asking to disable the ABC button via Feature Control Policy, rather than via softkey template. It should be possible to remove the ABC button if you use a softkey template on the phones.

Here is a link to the process of creating a custom softkey template. It's specifically about adding one to a Default Device Profile, but you can go through the steps for the softkey template part:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/11_5_1/sysConfig/CUCM_BK_SE5DAF88_00_cucm-system-configuration-guide-1151/CUCM_BK_SE5DAF88_00_cucm-system-configuration-guide-1151_chapter_0101101.html#CUCM_TK_CBB83202_00

One caveat to this, however: Whether your phones will use a Softkey Template or a Feature Control Policy is an Enterprise Phone Configuration item. To set phones to use a Softkey Template, go do System > Enterprise Phone Configuration and look for a field "Softkey Control". Make sure it is set to "Softkey Template".