cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

disabling call waiting w/out forward issue in CUCM 8.6.2

lewisb
Level 1
Level 1

We are trying to disable the call waiting feature in call manager. When someone is on the phone they want any caller to hear a busy signal rather the voicemail etc.  My issue is when I get the call waiting disabled - we are unable to forward calls from that number.  Can anyone give me any help? 

thanks 

Bridget 

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do not assign a VM profile for that DN and set the busy trigger to 1, the N+1 call will always receive the CFB behavior, which if you don't have any, is going to be a busy tone.

Not sure what you're doing in your config to get that behavior, and you need to explain what you see/hear when you try that.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Jaime is correct (+5), make sure you only change busy trigger to 1 and leave the maximum calls at something higher to allow for conferencing and transfers.

Thanks for the help - believe we have it doing what they want :) 

Chirs, I'm still having a bit of an issue and was hoping you might be able to help. 

I have 3 numbers that are forward in a loop, what they are wanting me to do is if all of them are on their phones they want it to give a busy signal instead of call waiting.  

2288 (go to 2287 if she on phone)if she's on phone it goes to 5364 if she's on the phone it goes back to 2288 but they are wanting it to go busy instead   

not sure if I'm making any sense 

thanks in advance! 

Thanks, think I have got it now.  

Jaime, I still having a bit of an issue and was hoping you might be able to help. 

I have 3 numbers that are forward in a loop, what they are wanting me to do is if all of them are on their phones they want it to give a busy signal instead of call waiting.  

2288 (go to 2287 if she on phone)if she's on phone it goes to 5364 if she's on the phone it goes back to 2288 but they are wanting it to go busy instead   

not sure if I'm making any sense 

thanks in advance! 

Bridget