Views
Helpful
Replies

Divert Key not working for all calls

Nighthawk68
Level 1
Level 1

Hello 

Hope I can explain this question clearly where I have limited CUCMA experience. We have an admin for our town manager who has a 9951 phone and the divert button works for calls to her and her boss's line so they get forwarded to voicemail. For the town we have a system call handler set up so that if someone calls they can hit 1 to go to a certain dept., 2 for another and so forth. For option 5 we have that routed to go to the town manger which also rings at the admin's desk. The problem is the divert key is not functional for this type of call. I cannot find an account setting anywhere in CUCMA to make this work. Anyone happen to know?

Thanks for reading!

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What does option five route to: a Directory Number or something else such as a Hunt Pilot? IIRC, Divert only works on direct calls to a DN.

Nighthawk68
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Jonathan... Option 5 does go to the town manger line which is the added 2nd line on the admins phone. If I read the 2nd part of your response correctly divert only works on direct calls.

Brian

I'd expect divert to work if it's a normal shared line appearance. I should have asked this previously: what happens when they press divert in this scenario? Nothing? It routes somewhere you didn't expect? The button doesn't appear at all?

So when the admin presses the divert button for the other/2nd line calls it just states it is not active and the call keeps ringing. The divert key works just fine for her own line.