Views
Helpful
Replies

Does fax function support transfer by Auto Attendant

yun zhang
Level 1
Level 1

Hi  Guys

I have a question about fax transmission , our client ask me that they have a voice gateway with 2 fxo and 1 fxs card , the fxo  port connect to pstn and fxs port connect to fax machine (extension 3333). the auto attendant function is setup in the unity conenction . The question is when a user call their main number by fax machine via pstn then user heared welcome voice by auto attendant and dial 3333 to transfer to fax number . Does this function can be realized is the senario ?

following  are senario diagram

fax machine -- pstn ---- fxo port (cisco voice gateway ) ------- switch ------(callmanager unity connection)

|

fxs (fax machine)

Thanks in advance

4 Replies 4

support
Level 1
Level 1

Yes , it will . 

You can forward FXO to callmanager unity connection . Inside callmanager unity connection forward 3333 to Voice gateway as an SIP connection . 

Note: Always buy ATA instead of FXS card . Will solve many problem like this automatically . 

Claudion . 

I do not recommend to buy Cisco ATA. Cisco ATA 186/187 is full of firmware bugs, maybe newest version Cisco 188 it could be better.

Thank you

Hi

Many Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: