cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does IP Communicator support Drag and Drop

pvienneau1
Level 1
Level 1

We're running 8.6.5.0 on Win 7 and the docs say that one can drag-and-drop on to the interface to facilitate dialing.

"Drag a number from any Windows program that supports drag and drop, drop it anywhere on the Cisco IP Communicator interface, and click Dial or the Enter key on your keyboard."

I've tried from numerous applications (Internet Explorer, Word, Outlook, etc) with no luck.

Any help appreciated.

-paul

6 Replies 6

Nadeem Ahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please refer to this doc.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12383556/drag-and-drop-dialing-feature-cisco-ip-communicator

Br,

Nadeem Ahmed

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

I've tried Notepad++ as well, no luck.  Nadeem, can you try this for yourself and let us know if you see that same behavior?

Thanks

-paul

Hi Paul

It´s worked from my side drag&drop from Notepad ++, Outlook and Firefox, I´m using CIPC version 8.6.3.0.

5stars to Nadeem.

Cheers
Bruno Rangel
Please remember to rate helpful responses using the star bellow and identify helpful or correct answers

Thanks Bruno.  I downgraded to 8.6.3.0. and still having issues.  I've attached a screen capture to demonstrate the issue - zipped.  Let me know if I'm doing something wrong.

Fixed.  Once we ran the application as Administrator, it worked.  Thanks for the assistance.

Good Job Paul !!!!

Please rate all posts and mark the correct answer!!!

Cheers
Bruno Rangel
Please remember to rate helpful responses using the star bellow and identify helpful or correct answers