cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

does issueing a shutdown command on a voip dial-peer terminate exising calls ?

MARK CASEY
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have 2 parallel 3925E (IOS 15.6) systems configured for call routing between 2 parallel gateways and internal PBX's

I need to do maintenance on one of the systems so I want to stop the establishment of new calls whilst maintaining existing calls until they end normally. The result would be that all calls would process via the alternate system.

Is there a way to gracefully shutdown call processing on IOS system ?

My thought was to shutdown the incoming dial-peer(s),

However, if I do that, does that disconnect the established calls ?

Thanks in advance

Mark

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Once the call is established and if you shutdown the dial-peer, the established call will not drop. 

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Adam Pawlowski
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
In my experience no, the signaling is done and the call is already up and running.

If you want to prove this out it is easy to add a peer matching the calling/called party you can test from, then kill the peer and see.

I think the solution to my problem is to use

voice service voip
sip
call service stop

Without the force.

Until I can do the graceful shutdown, I cant configure the test - self defeating loop

Hi,

Once the call is established and if you shutdown the dial-peer, the established call will not drop. 

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: