Views
Helpful
Replies

Doubt about CDR Analysis and Reporting and CDR_Management

wilsonsant
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Guys,

Hi have the follow doubt: What time in day that is possible to preservate the CDR. I read two informations and am with doubt. When access the CDR Management I see that the maximum time in 30 days, but, when I access the CDR I see that is possible to configure until 180 days.

CDR Managemet
CDR/CMR Files Preservation Duration (Days) 30 maximum

CDR Analysis and Reporting

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/service/8_6_1/car/car/carsydb.html

In the Max Age of Call Detail Records field, enter the maximum number of days that you want to keep the CDRs in the CAR database. Enter a number between 1 and 180. The default value specifies 60 days.

Could You clarifiy, please

Thanks,

Wilson

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You'll get 30 days worth of flat files, and 60 days worth of CAR records in the DB, don't confuse things. Anything beyond that, has already been deleted. So, yes, if you change it, it won't make any difference, the only difference will be that tomorrow you'll have DB records that will be 61 days old.

If they want to make sure they can keep data for longer periods of time, the only way is to configure the billing server. Then they can keep the flat files for as long as they want.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CDR management refers to the ACTUAL CDR FILES, the flat files

CAR refers to the records in the DB.

HTH

java

Hi Jaime,

Thanks a lot for Your contact.

My setup actual CDR Management is configured for maximum 30 days and CAR is configured as: Max Age of Call Detail Records: 60 days.

My Customer need CDR 20 April until 20 May and 20 June until 20 July.

My question is: Is possible to collect the all CDRs with my setup actual?

Thanks,

Wilson

Just do the math, the oldest record you'll find in your DB, will be 60 days old from today.

And that, is assuming your DB does not fills up and overwrites the records before those 60 days. Those 60 (or whatever value you have) are assuming the records will not be overwritten due to the amount of records you generate.

HTH

java

Hi Jaime,

Even though today I change to 180 days,  I'll only get the files 60 days back, correct?

Thanks,

Wilson

You'll get 30 days worth of flat files, and 60 days worth of CAR records in the DB, don't confuse things. Anything beyond that, has already been deleted. So, yes, if you change it, it won't make any difference, the only difference will be that tomorrow you'll have DB records that will be 61 days old.

If they want to make sure they can keep data for longer periods of time, the only way is to configure the billing server. Then they can keep the flat files for as long as they want.

HTH

java