Views
Helpful
Replies

Doubt about who use DMA

wilsonsant
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Guys,

My Customer have a one CallManager version 4.2.3 and will be migrate to 7.1 using the another machine. I Not know nothing about the DMA and I have the following questions:

- When I will be configure the new machine the name have that be the same name the old callmanager?

- Where I do the download of DMA? Where install the old machine (version 4.2.3) or new machine (7.1)?

- Are there any procedure to do this activity?

Thank You,

Wilson Santana

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Wilson,

This doc should explain the whole process

Just as a very,very  quick overview;

DMA will be installed on (and run from) the 4.2(3) Publisher

the resulting file will be used during the 7.x build at the point where it

asks if this is a Windows upgrade (yes).

Data Migration Assistant User Guide Release 7.1(2)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/dma/7_1_2/dmaug712.html

Cheers!

Rob

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

1.  You can build the new server anytime.  The name does not need to match the old server.  In fact, it rarely would since you may need to run DMA at least twice so the old system would remain online until you migrate the data over.

2.  You download DMA from Cisco.com.  You need a CCO login to access it.  You install it on the 4.2(3) server.

3.  Yes, there is a procedure.  This is one for 7.1(2) and it's pretty much the same for the newer DMA versions 7.1(3) and etc.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/dma/7_1_2/dmaug712.html

From what you are saying regarding your knowledge of DMA, I would highly suggest you read up on DMA and the migration process as a whole well in advance of doing any work with your customer's production system.  Keep in mind that when you install DMA, you need to reboot the Publisher afterwards.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Hi Hob and David,

I am sorry by delay. I will try the tests tomorrow and I will inform for you the results.

Thank You very much,

Wilson