cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DRS Restore error in TFTP .tar file

marcusdewaal
Level 1
Level 1

I have made a backup of CUCM 8.0.2c, but when I do a restore on another vmware server with the same specs, I get an error in the logs that the TFTP tar file was partly restored, everything else is restored. I think the error has something to do with a truncated file issue. How important is the TFTP tar file for the restore? My main concern is the actual configurations as I want to upgrade to version 9.1.2. Will new TFTP files be installed when I upgrade? How can I repair the file?

----> BEGIN Standard Error

gunzip: stdin: invalid compressed data--format violated

error writing output file

/bin/tar: Unexpected EOF in archive

/bin/tar: Unexpected EOF in archive

/bin/tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/common/drf/scripts/tftp/tftp_do_restore.py", line 51, in ?

logFile.write(msg)

NameError: name 'msg' is not defined

----> END Standard Error

Regards,

Marcus

3 Replies 3

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Marcus,

from the error message, it seems the file is corrupt.

Also, the TFTP folder is important since it contains all necessary Firmware/load of IP phones.

Suggest taking backup again and then,try restoring.

regds,

aman

I have done numerous backups but same error when I restore. My question is will new Firmware/IP Phone loads be copied into CUCM when I upgrade thus over writing existing TFTP folder with new Firmware/IP phone load files? Is it absolutely critical that the TFTP .tar is fully restored with no errors? Will an upgrade not install new files to the TFTP? I have logged a TAC case but I am running out of time.

Regards,

Marcus

Hi Marcus,

when u upgrade the cluster, u get all new firmwares in TFTP folder.In addition, u also get new IP phone  models which are supported in new CUCM version.

regds,

aman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: