cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DSP Requirements for 30 active calls

iverson.justin
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking at ISR4321 with PVDM 32 how many transcoding phones calls can a 32 PVMD handle?  Do I need a 64 channel one?  

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nikolay Kozyrev
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, gents.

My understanding: if you got E1 curcuit avaliable within all 30 timeslots from Telco inside  - you require PVDM32 for this, which cover only this (aka 1 timeslot = 1 DSP). So you defenetly need additionally PVDM32 for transcodeing,  mtp or conferencing, which will be reserved based on voice codec complexity. Otherway, if you got only 6 timeslots inside E1 curcuit from the Telco, this will be enough for transcoding, mtp, conferencing.

Thanks,

Nikolay

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not sure what you're asking here, not sure if TDM and then want xcoder on top of that, either way, that would depend on the codecs you need, use the DSP calculator for this.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Nikolay Kozyrev
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, gents.

My understanding: if you got E1 curcuit avaliable within all 30 timeslots from Telco inside  - you require PVDM32 for this, which cover only this (aka 1 timeslot = 1 DSP). So you defenetly need additionally PVDM32 for transcodeing,  mtp or conferencing, which will be reserved based on voice codec complexity. Otherway, if you got only 6 timeslots inside E1 curcuit from the Telco, this will be enough for transcoding, mtp, conferencing.

Thanks,

Nikolay

All depends on codecs you will be using.

Fully agree, I meant classic E1 with low complexity G711 codec from Telco is my example.

TONY SMITH
Spotlight
Spotlight

We need to know more to comment, for example are you connecting legacy phone lines such as ISDN.  What codecs do you need to support on each of the call legs.   If you're just transcoding with no voice interfaces then a PVDM4-32 can handle 30 calls using low complexity codecs only.   Use the Cisco tool with your exact requirements ...

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/applications/dsp-calc.html