Views
Helpful
Replies

DSP Transcoding with CME --- Transcoding not working

CCC4046_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am on my CVoice learning track now and been trying to get the dsp transcoding up and running on my 1 x 1760 (PVDM 256K 20HD). Although everything I have configured looks right, the transcoding does not seem to work. Hence, here I come to post a question hoping someone could guide me through.

First off, the Network topology is as below.

Items:

2 x 1760 Routers (Only the remote router with enuff DSP resources to do the transcoding whereas the HQ one is just for call routing purposes).

2 x IPIC (Cisco Communicators 7.0)

IPIC (10.1.1.2) g711ulaw----> (10.1.1.1) HQ (20.20.20.1) ~~~~ 3M WAN Link ~~~~ (20.20.20.2) Remote (192.168.1.1) <-----  g729r8 IPIC (192.168.1.2).

My initial work was to test the transcoding.

1st, prior to the transcoding, two phones are only able to talk to each other when they have the same codec configured.

2nd, technically, if transcoding works on the Remote router, two phone should talk to each other. However, it seems like the transcoding did not kick in when phones (as above setup) calling eachother and what I got from the phone was busy tone.

Now I have attached my configs on both routers and please take a look and comment on it.

Your input will be highly appreciated.

Cheers,

16 Replies 16

I have the same issue, sccp enabled and active for transcoding. Setup an ephone with g726 and a dial-peer with g711ulaw, the call seems to run g711 and doesn't do any transcoding

Any ideas?

This is an old post, you may need to open a new "question" post and provide as much information as possible.

--
Jorge Armijo

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

-- Jorge Armijo Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.