cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DTMF Fails on outbound calls with SIP Trunk to PSTN

jasunf
Level 1
Level 1

I have a SIP gateway that works with both inbound/outbound calls.  However when I place an outbound call to an external source through the PSTN I can't pass DTMF.  In call manager the route pattern sends calls to the SIP gateway via a SIP trunk in call manager.  It matches a POTS dial-peer and sends the calls out to the PSTN fine.  In this config I can't pass DTMF.

I can configure h323 on the sip router and an h323 gateway in call manager and it works fine.  So I have a hybrid inbound SIP to call manager and an outbound h323 to PSTN type gateway. 

Most searches return DTMF issues with CUBE type routers that talk to an SBC.  However mine is SIP to PSTN directly using a 2811.  So I'm using a POTS dial peer to send calls out the router through the serial interfaces.

Is my hybrid setup the thing to do or will SIP from CUCM to PSTN send DTMF?

15 Replies 15

It's end of 2018 and your solution still works perfectly!  Also I did not have to enable or change any MTP or DTMF settings from default on my SIP Trunk configuration on CUCM.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: