Helpful
Replies

DTMF Relay Issue with Video Phone

kshong
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, Everybody.

I have in trouble with DTMF Relay.

For example, A company has a direct calling system to department.

If I want to call to the sales team in A Company, I call to A Company and press "Dial number 1".

Because, "Dial number 1" is for sales team, "Dial number 2" is for management and "3" is for logistic something like that.

One thing makes me confusing..

When I call to the sales team using CP7821, I could.

However, I could not access to the sales team when I use CP8831, C60 Codec and CP8941.

I think, only non-video system is allowed to access to the department.

Am I missing a configuration?

I am using 10.5 version of CUCM.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The 8831 is not a video phone though. So, you couldn't get DTMF working on the 8831 either? If so, I think that proves that this is not a video phone specific issue. Something to keep in mind with video devices, like the C60, is they only support RRC4733 inband DTMF relay. You're IVR, is possibly UCCX, which is Out of Band DTMF relay only, and therefore you would need to interwork between the two. Either CUBE can do this if the call traverses it, or if it's an internal call, you'll need to invoke an MTP or Transcoder for that interworking.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
What is the complete call flow ? Are any of endpoints registered to VCS ?

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The 8831 is not a video phone though. So, you couldn't get DTMF working on the 8831 either? If so, I think that proves that this is not a video phone specific issue. Something to keep in mind with video devices, like the C60, is they only support RRC4733 inband DTMF relay. You're IVR, is possibly UCCX, which is Out of Band DTMF relay only, and therefore you would need to interwork between the two. Either CUBE can do this if the call traverses it, or if it's an internal call, you'll need to invoke an MTP or Transcoder for that interworking.