Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DTMF with 3905 on sip trunk

Hi I have a CUCM 7.1(5) with a trunk sip to a third party Contact Center....

All SCCP phone can call perfectly to the Contact Center and press the different option of the IVR menu...

Then we add 400 ·3905 IP phone to our solution and when a ·3905 call to the IVR through the Sip Trunk I hear the audio, then press for example 1 or 2 and DTMF don't work...

At the beggining I though It was a problem of SIP DTMF so I tried with inbound and outbound DTMF config on trunk also tried requiere MTP, etc..

The I took a 7911 and convert it to SIP, and unexpectedly I called to the IVR and DTMF works great...

So It's possible is any difference between 395 and 7911 SIP DTMF both using the standart sip profile??

Any idea why DTMF don't work with 3905 ?

Thanks..

7 Replies 7

Manish Prasad
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Lisa,

Check this thread this might help you.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3824924#3824924

Rate all the helpful post.

Thanks

Manish

Hi Manish I took a time to analize what you have tell me...

That post was about a CME not a CUCM... Anyways I research about enabling KPML for 3905 on CUCM and for what I have found there is a Require DTMF reception  checkbox under Protocol Specific Information on Phone configuration page ..

I had enable it and still don't work... a have been reading a really helpful guide about SIP DTMF

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/collaboration-voice-video/ip-telephony/blog/tags/kpml

And my option are:

DTMF can be sent either in band or out of band (OOB)

• In Band transmission

- RFC 2833 (RTP-NTE)

• Out of Band transmission

- KPML (RFC 4730)

- SIP Notify (RFC 3265)

- SIP Info (RFC 2976)

Hi Lisa,

What are you using between cucm and third party contact centre ? Cube/ voice gateway ? Or its a direct sip trunk ?

If there is a gw in between them can you post "debug ccsip messages" when you make call from 3905.

If its direct sip trunk then can you collect cucm traces and attach it here.

We want to look at what dtmf 3905 is sending and what it receiving.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi all!

I have the same problem. After upgrade to latest firmware 9.4.1, all ip phones 3905 stop working with DTMF. We have CUCM 8.6.2 and sip trunk to CUBE (Cisco 1861, IOS 15.2). Router 1861 works as MTP (registred on cucm). 

Other ip phones (6921, 7945, IP Communicator) work fine.

There was no such problem with firmware version 9.2(2), many users reported about this problem after upgrade.

Sorry I did't replay earlier but at the same time we change the direct trunk for a Connection trought a Cube and with CUBE in the midle works fine...

Regards

Lisa the 3905 do not seem to support rtp-nte. it looks likethey can only do sip-kpml. What means is that you need an MTP to do the dtmf conversion...Do you have an MTP on your MRGL for the 3905? If you do can you send the traces as suggested by Manish

Please rate all useful posts

"The essence of christianity is not the enthronement but the obliteration of self --William Barclay"

Please rate all useful posts

Tirtha Tripathy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Lisa,

3905 works with DTMF KPML

7911 works DTMF inband

Suspecting DDTS in Resolved Caveats of

Cisco Systems, Inc.      Cisco Unified SIP Phone 3905 Release Notes for Firmware Release 9.4(1) Cisco Unified SIP Phone 3905 Release Notes for Firmware Release 9.4(1)

Link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/3905/firmware/9_4_1/english/releasenotes/IP05_BK_3FA956FD_00_3905-release-notes-9_4_1_chapter_00.html#IP05_RF_R4611D02_00

CSCuh79852

Not send                           KPML via Notify message in some scenario

Please upgrade to latest firmware on CCO i.e.9.4(1).

HTH

Regards,

Tirtha

Regards, Tirtha