Views
Helpful
Replies

DTMF with rightfax

ali nasser
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

I have rightfax integrated with cisco cucm 8.6. when i dial the extension of the RIGHTFAX  internally and dial the extension of fax its not sensing entered digits (DTMF), but when i dial from mobile or any external number its working fine. Please advise.

Regards,

Ali                   

2 Replies 2

tflynn
Level 1
Level 1

Can you help clarify this problem a little bit.

Provide a topology of where the RightFAX server is with respect to CUCM, and what gateway does the call traverse on? you may want to look at your dial peers to be sure you have it configured properly.

Lastly i am not sure I understand your question clearly. Are you saying when you dial from the PSTN out to the Right Fax server, it works fine, but when you dial internally from another phone extension to a number on the Right fax server it fails?

If so do both internal and PSTN calls, use same call path and or terminate on the same gateway inboud to the RightFaX? you may want to revisit SIP trunk from gateway to the CUCM server and also check your dial peers again, inbound to the CUCM server from the gateway.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ted.

Dear Theodaore,

First Issue.

Topology

RightFax server ------------->>> CUCM (RP for the fax number which is 6669 under the RL which having the rightfax IP address). the issue is, when i dial 6669 from my extension the greeting answer my call asking for the fax number, when i press the fax number 6770 its not sensing that i am press a digits, so the rightfax will answer (you didn't enter a digit).

Second issue.

RightFax server -------> CUCM (RP to dial outside thru RP 7T)---------> gateway (with SIP link from Provider)---PSTN

Receiving.

no issues

Sending

sometimes its send and sometime its not sending, i have some specific number (one local, national)its send in all conditions, and some numbers when i dial i can see it in my router debug but it will disconnect the fax and its gave me transmission error or phone line problem.

Please advise.

Regrads,

Ali