cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Edit 7915 Sidecar Buttons using CCMUser?

Keith Joel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Folks,

I'm in the process of an implementation right now that has a lot of moving parts.  My customer has significant movement twice a year (school division) which is causing some administrative challenges.  One of these challenges is the fact that the sidecar labelling will be inaccurate once the movement occurs (they have 50 sites with receptionists).  My question to all of you, what is the easiest way to go about allowing the users the ability to edit those buttons?  Can it be done within CCMUser or do I have to give them limited access through user groups and roles in CCMAdmin?  It's probably a really easy question but I can't seem to give the ability in CCMUser which would be the ideal situation.  I've ensured the device association is there and user group is assigned.  Am I missing something?

Thanks for your time,

Keith

3 Replies 3

Keith Joel
Level 1
Level 1

I should clarify as well that the buttons are assigned as BLF Speed Dials and not just regular Speed Dials.  I notice the end users are able to edit the regular SD but not the BLF's.  Is there any way around this?

Ohhh BLF's are a definate limitation here.   I think the logic is we don't need a bunch of nosey look-i-loos changing the BLF's on their phone to know what others are doing.

No way around that, unless you give them CCMAdmin access, that's something only the admin can do.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate