Level 1

What are efxs voice ports?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

I think what you are referring to are the ports that CME uses to reference each ephone.

For example, on some command output you will see ports like 50/0/1 - this is basically ephone-dn 1.

Internally, CME assigns dial-peers to each ephone-dn, so for example ephone-dn 5 with number 55 might be 'destination-patter 55',pointed at 'port 50/0/5'.

I think you can see this by doing 'show telephony-service dial-peer' or something similar.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

I think what you are referring to are the ports that CME uses to reference each ephone.

For example, on some command output you will see ports like 50/0/1 - this is basically ephone-dn 1.

Internally, CME assigns dial-peers to each ephone-dn, so for example ephone-dn 5 with number 55 might be 'destination-patter 55',pointed at 'port 50/0/5'.

I think you can see this by doing 'show telephony-service dial-peer' or something similar.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

thanks Aaron for the information, I saw a configuration on SRST router which has some efxs ports. I think those ports are for ephone dn's.

Hi

Yep - same same. See 'show call-manager-fallback dial-peer'  in that case.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate responses if useful and mark answered if appropriate...

shalushar
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Pawan,

Read the below link

http://www.ciscopress.com/articles/article.asp?p=401648

Hope this helps.

Tx,

Shalu