Views
Helpful
Replies

EMCC different firmware and locale what will be the behaviour

UC Support
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We have deployed EMCC, one cluster is in Americas (Canada) and the other in Europe (Netherlands), we have encountered a problem with the locale and firmware.

Both clusters set the User Locale to EN, but network locale is Canada (EN) and Netherlands (NL).

So here is the scenario:

When a Netherlands user logins in the Canada cluster, the phone search for the NL network locale. Sometimes it fail since it goes to the TFTP in Netherlands to grab it.

When a Canada user logins in the Netherlands cluster, the phone logins without problem (I guess because both cluster has by default EN network and user locales installed) but when it logoff, the phones tries to upgrade the firmware to 9-2-1 (the one using in Canada) but if fails since in the Netherlands cluster I don't have that version, after that EM local works OK, but using EMCC drop error msg Login Unavailable (37).

Also in the Canada cluster I have users with FR user locale, but I haven't tested the EMCC on them, my guess it that will have the same issue.

So I just need to confirm what are the recommended practices when using EMCC with different Locale and firmware, do I have to match it?

Here is the info:

Netherlands

CUCM version: 8.5.1.12900-7

7945/7965 firmware version:

cmterm-7945_7965-sccp.9-1-1SR1.cop.sgn

Additional Locales :

cm-locale-nl_NL-7.1.2.3000-1.cop

Canada

CUCM version: 8.6.2.20000-2

7945/7965 firmware version:

cmterm-7945_7965-sccp.9-2-1.cop.sgn

Additional Locales :

cm-locale-fr_FR-8.6.2.1000-1.cop

Thanks in advance.

Carlo

1 Reply 1

Steven Griffin
Level 4
Level 4

Carlo,

I've only deployed EMCC once.  It was between three clusters on the 8.0(2) version.  I had the benefit of consistent CUCM versions and phone firmware.  As such, I didn't experience this issue. 

As I understand it EMCC uses the EMCC Phone templates as proxies.  The EMCC phone is actually registered to the remote cluster at the end of the day and it makes sense that the phone firmware version embedded in the phones TFTP configuration will come across as a result. 

I suggest you upgrade the Netherlands cluster's firmware to 9-2-1.  If that isn't possible, install the firmware for 9-2-1 and then swap back the device defaults to 9-1-1SR1 and only upgrade the phones used by EMCC to 9-2-1 (I.E. set phone load to 9-2-1 on phone configuration page in CUCM).

Steven

Please help us make the communities better. Rate helpful posts!