Views
Helpful
Replies

EMCC-How Many remote clusters

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi guys,

How many clusters can EMCC support. It appears it can only support two clusters. I have a three cluster deployment and I observed that CUCM only sends EMCC request to one remote cluster. Is this working as designed?

Please rate all useful posts
6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

AFAIK just as many things in CUCM, there's no hard limit for that.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jamie,

Here is the setup.

Three clusters, UK, US1 and US2

CUCM9.1.2

On each cluster two remote clusters have been defined. All the required services are running

What I am observing is this..

When a UK user goes to US2 for example and tried to login, the EMCC service sends the login request to US1 and obviously because the user doesnt exist in US1 we get error 23. This is what I see from the EM log and the EMapp log.

The login request is never sent to the second remote cluster UK which is where the user is.

The question then is this if EMCC supports multiple clusters, how does the CUCM know where the home cluster of the user so it can send the request there directly

It would need to ask the other clusters, and if the user exists, if the home cluster option is checked. If not, repeat until it's found, or not found.

If you remove the other cluster from the EMCC mesh, does EMCC work fine for that particular user??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Jamie, I did think of this but I cant as this will impact the production environment. Any other thoughts on how I can troubleshoot this?  I have deleted the Remote cluster pairing and re-added for the cluster that is experiencing this issue

Were you able to get this working? I am also looking at the moment to deploy EMCC across three clusters

Oleg,

I honestly cant remember what the resolution to this was, but EMCC is standard technology and should work for you as long as you configure things right.