cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Emergency Responder and +E.164 manual assignment for analog lines

KenMeeuwse
Level 1
Level 1

At one time in older releases, CER documentation had a note that you could not manually configure Line Numbers with PLUS (+) E.164 formatted numbers for Analog (VG FXS) lines.

I do not see that note in the current Cisco Emergency Responder Administration Guide for Release 12.5(1)SU2

Instead I see the note

"Manually configured phones can have E.164 and non-E.164 line numbers."

in the "Manually Define Phones" section.

No mention of +

Is this okay now in current release (12.5.1SU2 CM and CER 12.5(1.21900.35)) to use +E.164 formatted numbers in Analog devices, and manually configure them for ERL in CER?

As far as I know "+"E.164 manual number assignment was always okay for IP Devices.  The prior caution seemed aimed at Analog devices in the VGs and ISRs specifically.

Our Telephony Settings - Use IP Address from call signaling - is "disabled", so IP of the gateway is not involved.

1 Reply 1

AFAIK it’s okay to have DNs in +E.164 on any device type in combination with CER. The term +E.163 is really interchangeable with E.164 as there isn’t any differentiation in documentation from ITU related to this.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: