Views
Helpful
Replies

Enable/Disable auto attendant manually from an ip phone

chris.berry.1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a customer using CUCME and CUE that would like to manually answer incoming calls if they so choose - essentially bypassing the auto attendant at will. The receptionist would dial a number on the phone to disable calls going to the AA so they would instead go to the receptionist extension. When the receptionist leaves the desk, the AA could be put back in use by dialing this same number.

Right now a call comes into an FXO port on the router and sends the call to the CUE AA extension. AA is pretty standard, different options based on a schedule.

One thought I had was to use the night service somehow - that is, send the incoming FXO calls to an ephone-dn first and use call forward all and call forward night service. I'm looking for advice pursuing this route further or on any other solutions.

Many thanks,

Chris

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

danplacek
Level 4
Level 4

The proper solution to this problem is night service:

1. Configure all calls to goto an ephone-dn with a random extension. (a "floating" extension)

2. Set call-forward all to the receptionists extension.

3. Set call-forward night to the auto attendant.

4. Set a night-service code. (this can be dialed to toggle)

5. Make sure the receptionists phone is a night service phone so that she is able to dial the toggle number and see the status of night service (it displays in place of the company name at the bottom of the phone).

-Dan

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Send the calls to a DN mappedn on a second button, then use CFWdall to re-route them to CUE, or anywhere you want.

Paolo,

How do I CFWdall on a second button?

The receptionist has her own extension on an ephone-dn right now, if I CFWdall on that extension, she won't receive calls that are directed to her. Example: say she doesn't want to be answering generic incoming FXO line calls but still wants to receive calls internally or via direct dial.

Thanks,

Chris

Could you put the AA pilot number as the final destination in a hunt group and the operators ephone-dn as a member of the hunt group.

She would just login/logout of the hunt group to route calls as required.

I have not tried this but cannot see why it should not work.

When night-service is activated, the calls are still going to the call-forward all number (receptionist ext.) on the floating extension - they do not go to the call-forward night-service specified number.

Per your earlier question -- if memory serves, you DO need to have the night-service bell enabled on the "floating" extension.

If you have that and it is still not working, please post your (passwords removed) config.

Thanks.

Thanks - that was the case. The call-forward all and call-forward night-service were reverse what I thought they would be but it doesn't really matter I suppose. The call-forward all is where the call goes when night-service is enabled, when it is disabled the call goes to the call-forward night-service extension.

Your help is very much appreciated!

Glad to hear it works, but they definetely should not be reversed...

That is very odd.

Configure ephone-template to have CfwdAll in seized state.

Press line button, then CfwdAll.

The other technique recommended by James also works very well, but some customers insistw not wanting hunt-group and even less login/logout.

danplacek
Level 4
Level 4

The proper solution to this problem is night service:

1. Configure all calls to goto an ephone-dn with a random extension. (a "floating" extension)

2. Set call-forward all to the receptionists extension.

3. Set call-forward night to the auto attendant.

4. Set a night-service code. (this can be dialed to toggle)

5. Make sure the receptionists phone is a night service phone so that she is able to dial the toggle number and see the status of night service (it displays in place of the company name at the bottom of the phone).

-Dan

I understand that the "night-service bell" needs to be enabled on the receptionist ephone-dn so she is able to toggle on/off but does the "random extension" ephone-dn need to have the "night-service bell" command entered?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: