cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Enable Web Admin on Cisco 8821

ben
Level 1
Level 1

I need to enable the web admin on my 8821 Wireless IP Phone. Can someone help?

11 Replies 11

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Step 1   From the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration, select Device > Phone.
Step 2   Locate your phone.
Step 3   In the Product Specific Configuration Layout, set the Web Admin parameter to Enable.
Step 4   In the Admin Password field, enter a password.
Step 5   Select Save and click OK.
Step 6   Select Apply Config and click OK.
Step 7   Restart the phone.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/8821/english/adminguide/w88x_b_wireless-8821-8821ex-admin-guide/w88x_b_wireless-8821-8821ex-admin-guide_chapter_011.html

HTH

Manish

I want to use this phone with a 3rd party VOIP provider.

How do I access the CUCMA? Do I need to purchase anything?

This is for CUCM, since you are using a third party VoIP provider you can check with their support team.

Manish

LoreZyra0
Level 1
Level 1

I have not yet connected this phone to the WLAN. I need to configure the certificates in order for the phone to connect to the AP via EAP-TLS, but the phone admin page via USB is disabled. How, can I enable the admin page without using CUCM??

I have the same issue as LoreZyra0, I need to upload a User Certificate to get on the WLAN then I can connect to the CUCM to release this.   I tried a factory reset (END & #, wait till LED is RED, then 123456789*0# and no change to that setting.   From what the DOCS say, the phone will not register to the CUCM from the wired connection on the docking station, so how will that help?   The only web page I am seeing is the status page.   I was able to config on the one I had prior, but had to RMA that one as it was corrupt.  So, I have done the Certificate process before.  

I was only able to work-around this by setting up a non-secured access point that had open firewall rules to the Call Manager servers. Then applied my configs with correct certs and WLAN settings to the phones. Seems to be rather absurd to expect all wireless environments to be open and accessible to CUCM servers…

Is there a solution for CUCME? I am unable to enable the device web admin, and i do not beleive cucme has a similar setting.

Try this:

telephony-service
service phone webAccess 1

This will enable web access for sccp and sip phones

I believe the correct setting is webaccess 0 as this did enable web access for the other model phones. I can view the phone config on the 8821 via web but I cannot change anything

I think you are right. I mixed 0 with 1.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: