cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

error code 208 ,login unsuccessful,extension mobility

HARISH S
Level 1
Level 1

I have been receiving this particular error code for extension mobility .After checking this code it tells that

Cannot connect to EM Service
LOGIN_SERVICE_CONN_ERROR—Unable to connect with EMService

The solution given by cisco is that restart EM service .I had done that,even  I  restarted the server .Nothing works

I triple checked the configurations and they are right .I am using CUCM version 8.0(3) .

8 Replies 8

Hello,

R u using DNS name or IP?

Are you sure that the check box under the deivce->phone for enable extension mobility is checked ?

Amer

am using ip address

yes i have ticked the Extension mobility option under phone settings

Was this working before or are configuring EM for the 1st time?

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

This link was really helpful ,has opened a case

Thanks javalenc

I put that link in every reply I make here, it doesn't mean that anyone can open a case.

Does your company hold valid credentials to open a case with us???

The same link explains what entitlement you need to access our services, a- be a partner and b- hold at least one of these:

• Collaboration Architecture
  • Master UC
  • Advanced  UC
  • Express UC
  • ARP Unified MeetingPlace
  • ARP Business Edition
  • Cisco Systems Engineer

After looking at your CCO it appears your company is not entitled which means we'll have to deny you the service.

The engineer who takes ownership of the case will verify this and will let you know.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What model phone are you using?  With CUCM 8.0 your phone likely is going to be accessing extension mobility using the HTTPS URL, probably

https://x.x.x.x:8443/emapp/EMAppServlet?device=#DEVICENAME#&EMCC=#EMCC# or

https://x.x.x.x:8443/emapp/EMAppServlet?device=#DEVICENAME#

Try and put this URL into your browser (also try the HTTP with port 8080) but substitute your device name to see if the server responds to the request.  If you see something that looks weird in your browser look at the page source and you'll see what should be passed to the phone (the login screen).

no still its not working

What did you see when you tried the URL in your browser?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: