Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

error en telefono ip 7911 "no suministrado" not supplied on 7911 ip phones

I have an  CCM  version: 5.1.3, with cisco  ip phones models 7970,7940,7941, 7902, 7906, 7912 and 7911, some of this  ip phones  it was imported from a CCM  4.1,  and  it´s works succesfuly, but  when i to try to connect to  CCM 5.1 some  7911, don´t works because the phone displays the error  "not supplied".  the solution that I apply is: reconnect in  CCM 4.1, the devices  doing an  "upgrading" , after when finish , I reconnect to  CCM 5.1 and  it works correctly. the  problem is: the CCM 4.1 will dissapear in a few  months and  i can´t  to apply this solution anymore.

thank you for your answer.

jose carrillo

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to update CM patch, device pack, etc.

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Well, the 7911 phones should be supported on your 5.1 system. What it sounds like to me is a firmware compatibility issue. Check the following:

1. The firmware (Default Device Settings) for 7911 phones in CM 4.1

2. The firmware (Default Device Settings) for 7911 phones in CM 5.1

3. The firmware on a test 7911 that is exhibiting this issue. This would be the firmware loaded on the phone from the factory, or if you purchase secondary phones, it could be the firmware loaded before the phone was packaged up

What you are trying to determine is the three different firmware levels in play. Let's call these firmware levels 1, 2, and 3. What you want to do now is look at the release notes for firmware 2 and see if there are any obvious caveats with performing a direct firmware upgrade from firmware 3.

I suspect there is and I also suspect that firmware 1 supports direct upgrade from firmware 3. Further, it is possible firmware 2 supports direct upgrade from firmware 1.

That is the angle I would take. If you don't find firmware compatibility issues here then more information is needed to troubleshoot this problem.

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

please rate helpful posts

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify