Views
Helpful
Replies

error on installating CME files from cisco on ISR 4000 router tftp

adeebtaqui
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I have downloaded from Software Download - Cisco Systems  the below CME-14 files but not able to load onto the CLI of ISR 4000 using command 

archive tar /xtract tftp://172.21.24.17/ CME-COMPLETE-FILESET-14.1.tar flash:

Error on router and tftp shown as below

%Error opening tftp://172.21.24.17/CME-COMPLETE-FILESET-14.1.tar (No such file or directory)

Please advise how and which file to load as .tar. 

I extracted from zip file downloaded - CME-COMPLETE-FILESET-14.1 but inside these there are many other zip files. So which tar file should I upload.

I referred to doc: https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=c02049236

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=c02049236

11 Replies 11

What is it that youā€™re looking to achieve and why are you looking at guidelines from HPE for this?

Not sure if itā€™s a typo in the post, but there is a space in the path that you have.

Response Signature

Yes its typo:

Path as below:

archive tar /xtract tftp://172.21.24.17/CME-COMPLETE-FILESET-14.1.tar flash:

but not working 

What about the other parts of my questions? What is it youā€™re trying to accomplish by this and why are you using guides from HPE for this.

Response Signature

I found hp doc in google search for cme install files

Those documents on HPE are incorrect. CME is a part of IOS, you can not install a new version of CME on a router by unpacking a file. Youā€™ll need to download and update IOS on the router to get a new version of CME.

Response Signature

Kindly clarify how to do this?

I upgraded the router os to 17.6

With that version of IOS you already have the latest version of CME.

Response Signature

I do not find CME in the router license output or in configuration. 

I have ephone dn and added mac addresses as well to telephony service and create cnf

Only uck9 license there

Even on smart account portal the cme license does not show as IN USE

And the ip phone are still showing as unprovisioned

CME is automatically upgraded, when you upgrade the router os (as you call it) => The OS is called IOS or IOS-XE.
You cannot upgrade CME software standalone.

And it would be more helpful, to answer @Roger Kallberg question, what you are trying to achieve?

I am trying to activate ip phones for internal calling by activating them using the purchased 28 cme14-ul license. Is is the phones are still showing as un provisioned , license  output& smart account portal does outpu does not show cme license IN USE