cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ERROR: unknown platform error, backup completed

waqas sardar
Level 1
Level 1

When we start backup,after 58%.It display error "ERROR: unknown platform error, backup completed".

Please suggests me what can be the possible reasons ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Waqas,

Go to the Cisco Unified Serviceability page on the top right hand side of the GUI --> Tools --> Control Center - Network Services. Select the Publisher in the dropdown. Find both these services and restart them. In the same manner, select the Subscriber from the dropdown and restart the Cisco DRF local service on it. Try and take a manual backup and see whether it goes through.

This is just a proactive step, so if it doesnt work then refer to the thread I provided earlier to set the trace level and to gather the requested traces.

HTH.

Regards,

Harmit.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Harmit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Waqas,

Please refer to the following thread regarding what info needs to be gathered and upload it here, so we can take a look.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3793044

++     What is the exact version of CUCM you are running?
++     How many CUCM nodes in your cluster?

++     Has this worked before? If yes, were there any changes made after which it stopped working?

++      I'm assuming the backup device you have configured is a network  directory. Is the FTP/SFTP across the WAN or on the same LAN as the UCM  cluster?

++     Can you please replicate the issue and gather the following logs (debug level):

1>     Cisco DRF Master -- From the Publisher

2>     Cisco DRF Local -- From the Publisher and Subscriber(s)

Regards,

Harmit.

Thanks for reply

We are using 8.6 version.

there are two nodes in the cluster.

yes backup was working fine before.I dont know regarding changing.

SFTP is on the same LAN

Harmit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Waqas

Thanks for the info. Please gather the requested logs as described in the thread I provided earlier. Also try bouncing the drf master and local services on the pub and the drf local service on the sub. See if that is a quick fix.

Regards
Harmit.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Can you please mention how i can restart

Cisco DRF Local

Cisco DRF Master 

??

Waqas,

Go to the Cisco Unified Serviceability page on the top right hand side of the GUI --> Tools --> Control Center - Network Services. Select the Publisher in the dropdown. Find both these services and restart them. In the same manner, select the Subscriber from the dropdown and restart the Cisco DRF local service on it. Try and take a manual backup and see whether it goes through.

This is just a proactive step, so if it doesnt work then refer to the thread I provided earlier to set the trace level and to gather the requested traces.

HTH.

Regards,

Harmit.

I restart both these services,but now not able to access the Disaster Recovery webpage.it is taking too long to load and never loaded.

and sorry its the close network ,i am not able to provide you the logs.

Your prompt response will be appreciate

Hi Waqas,

The webpage is also tied to your tomcat service. Have you tried restarting Cisco Tomcat service to fix this? If not, please do so after business hours, since it is responsible for all web app services such as extension mobility. Try accessing the DRS page after this and let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Harmit.

Thanks for your quick reply 

As the Disaster Recovery System performs a cluster-level backup.Can i perform DRS for Publisher only?