cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

error when inserting gateway via BAT

Carl Morgan
Level 1
Level 1

I am receiving this error "407 The Model type for the specified Product type was not found" when attempting to insert gateway using the BAT. I am not finding "Model" field.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Carl Morgan
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you Manish and Rob for your suggestions and guidance. I wanted to share my resolution.

All of the faults were my own.

When I created my MGCP gateway template I failed to configure a port. I was under the assumption that the BAT spreadsheet would provide me with fields that would configure the different necessary and optional parameters. The error was being generated because I had failed to choose the port type and once you select a port type it is necessary to completed the mandatory fields before being allowed to save. I had five gateways to configure with a minimum of forty configured ports each. Being pressed for time I configured each gateway and port manually. My testing with BAT generated gateways revealed only one drawback. Because I only configured port 0/0/0 and 0/1/0 of the gateway template it is necessary for me to edit the Attendant DN of each port but even with that this method does complete a majority of the port creation with minimal post-editing.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Carl,

Please provide some more details like the cucm version, model of gateway that is being inserted, error screenshot. There are known issues with various models and cucm's like the one below

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCto73879

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

Hello Manish,

Our current CUCM version is 10.5.2.12013-1. The gateway is a VG320. The insert is failing with the error: "407 The Model type for the specified Product type was not found" as reported in the job results log file. This is happening when I try to configure the ports in the BAT.

Hi Carl,

Here is another bug for VG3XX with BAT which should be fixed in your version

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCus83367/?reffering_site=dumpcr

I did not find any open bugs for this issue that are not fixed yet. I would suggest checking with TAC  with logs from Bulk Provisioning service if there are any workarounds or fix for this issue.

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your valuable suggestions as always.

Manish

I''m experiencing a similar error when adding a Call Manager Transcoder via AXL method:
<axlmessage>The Model type for the specified Product type was not found</axlmessage>

Any thoughts on what's blocking me?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Carl,

In addition to the great info from my friend Manish (+5) I don't see your 10.5.2 version as "fixed-in" this bug;

Cheers!

Rob

VG310 & VG320 Gateways options are not visible in BAT of CUCM
CSCum45388

Thanks Rob....even though my version is not listed I do have the option to select 310/320 as the gateway model but maybe that's the best I can expect until it really gets fixed.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Carl,

You are most welcome my friend. This does seem pretty sketchy for the newer VG models.....here's yet another related bug for the VG320 in CUCM;

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCun78409

Carl Morgan
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you Manish and Rob for your suggestions and guidance. I wanted to share my resolution.

All of the faults were my own.

When I created my MGCP gateway template I failed to configure a port. I was under the assumption that the BAT spreadsheet would provide me with fields that would configure the different necessary and optional parameters. The error was being generated because I had failed to choose the port type and once you select a port type it is necessary to completed the mandatory fields before being allowed to save. I had five gateways to configure with a minimum of forty configured ports each. Being pressed for time I configured each gateway and port manually. My testing with BAT generated gateways revealed only one drawback. Because I only configured port 0/0/0 and 0/1/0 of the gateway template it is necessary for me to edit the Attendant DN of each port but even with that this method does complete a majority of the port creation with minimal post-editing.