Views
Helpful
Replies

Expressway cluster extrange behavior

aalejo
Level 5
Level 5

Hi

In a Expressway C cluster, windows jabber is register using on of the Expressway-C. The other is in maintanance mode. If the expressway C in maintanance mode is brough back to service, windows Jabber loses presence status for 10-20 minute?

Any idea?

- Alex

5 Replies 5

Hi,

what's your Expressway-C version? Please take a look at the following link: Expressway Latest Version.

Regards.

x8.7

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Alex,

I did not find any known issue or bug for this behavior. This will require some troubleshooting and log trace analysis. To begin with, after recreating the issue collect the following logs from Presence via RTMT:

On the page for Presence Services:
i.     XCP Router
ii.    XCP Connection Manager

On the page for general logs (first option is "Boot Logs")

.     Event Viewer-Application Log
.     Event Viewer-System Log

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

After Expressway C is brough back into service, Expressway E stops jabber process that do the XMPP router. That's why jabber unregister.

This is what i found on Expressway E after EXpressway C was brough back into service:

Level="DEBUG" Detail="/etc/init.d/jabberd::stop_service_ex() - Stopping jabberd"

Looks like since Expressway E build connection to all Expressway C, to build a connection to the one that was bought back into service it requires a restart...

Expressway Cluster today has MANY limitations.

Open a TAC case and a defect was created

CSCux44470