Views
Helpful
Replies

Extend Line Timeout

ictsupport.olsh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

We have a lot of users that share handsets with their extensions assigned to buttons.

There as an issue using the Local Directory. If users select the Local Directory first then once they have found the extension they want to call they need to select their line but the labels associated with the line buttons are obscured by the Local Directory. As many of our shared handsets have 5 or 6 extensions it is easy for the user to select the wrong button and effectively call as someone else.

If we do it the other way around so that the user selects their line first and then tries to use the directory the line times out after just 10 seconds.

It is this 10 second timeout I would like to extend but it does not appear to be configurable.

I tried the interdigit timeout but that just does as it says and does not modify the initial 10 second timeout.

So it there a way to extend this timeout? Is there some other method I can use to acheive mu goal?

1 Reply 1

phooghen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you are running CUCM, from the Callmanager service parameters, try to change the off-hook  to first digit timer

This parameter specifies the maximum time that Cisco CallManager will  wait to receive the first digit that the user dialed. If a digit is not  received by the time that this parameter specifies, Cisco CallManager  terminates the call.
This is a required field.
Default:                  15000
Minimum:                  0
Maximum:                  150000
Unit:                msec

Pierre.