Views
Helpful
Replies

Extending the greeting recording timeframe for a call handler

KennyBBIT
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I hope this is a simple question.  I'm still getting accustomed to this new IP phone system of ours and I can't seem to find a value to adjust for this user's request.  We have a call handler that we use to record bad weather memos for the company and its default greeting recording window is too short for management; they tend to get cut off before they can finish telling each division their schedules.  Is there a way to extend this recording timeframe to allow for a longer advisory message?

I'm using Cisco Unity Connection version: 10.5.1.10000-7 to manage VM, call handlers and the like.  I've found the 'Maximum message length' field, currently set to 300 seconds, but I believe that governs the messages left on a given voicemail box, not the greeting itself.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Kenny,

My understanding is that the Greeting Length for a Call Handler is determined by the COS of the person recording the Greeting. Have a look;

Class of Service Greetings Settings

The class of service greetings setting specifies the maximum length of greetings.

Subscribers > Class of Service > Greetings Page

Field Considerations

Maximum Greeting Length in Seconds

Select the recording length allowed to subscribers assigned to this COS for recording greetings.

The range is 1 to 999 seconds; the default is 90 seconds.

Greeting Length

Do the following procedure to specify how long the recorded greeting of a user can be.

To Specify Maximum Length of User Greetings

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 In Cisco Unity Connection Administration, find the COS that you want to change, or create a new one.

Step 2 On the Edit Class of Service page, under Greetings, enter the maximum length in seconds in the field.

Step 3 Click Save.

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Kenny,

My understanding is that the Greeting Length for a Call Handler is determined by the COS of the person recording the Greeting. Have a look;

Class of Service Greetings Settings

The class of service greetings setting specifies the maximum length of greetings.

Subscribers > Class of Service > Greetings Page

Field Considerations

Maximum Greeting Length in Seconds

Select the recording length allowed to subscribers assigned to this COS for recording greetings.

The range is 1 to 999 seconds; the default is 90 seconds.

Greeting Length

Do the following procedure to specify how long the recorded greeting of a user can be.

To Specify Maximum Length of User Greetings

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 1 In Cisco Unity Connection Administration, find the COS that you want to change, or create a new one.

Step 2 On the Edit Class of Service page, under Greetings, enter the maximum length in seconds in the field.

Step 3 Click Save.

Cheers!

Rob

Hello,

If i upload an audio file bigger than 90 seconds i have to make this config?

Regards

Leonardo Santana

Regards
Leonardo Santana

*** Rate All Helpful Responses***

KennyBBIT
Level 1
Level 1

This appears to be perfect; I had not visited this section of the management area before.  I was able to confirm that the setting was currently set to 90 seconds (which I would have thought would be long enough) and confirm that this manager was a part of the selected COS group.  I'm optimistic that this will work and I appreciate the prompt (and thorough) answer.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: