Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension Mobility and UWL

peternnaji
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am implementing an IP Telephony solution with Unified Workspace Licensing. I want to know if licensing is affected by Extension Mobility in any way.

Regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

What Chris said as long as you have enough licenses for the physical phones you don't need to worry about EM.

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

yahsiel2004
Level 7
Level 7

I currently have 2500 Extension Mobility profiles using CUWL licensing with no issues. What do you mean by affecting EM?

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

Thanks for your response Yosh.

Take your senario for example, you have 2500 UWL and all licenses are used up. When you initiate EM by login onto another users IP Phone with your own profile, Will this action require an extra License?

Regards.

The short asnwer is NO, extension mobility is not licensed in any way, no need to worry about it.

HTH,

Chris

What Chris said as long as you have enough licenses for the physical phones you don't need to worry about EM.

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

Hi,

The answer that I received when asking this question a couple of years ago was that all users that would use the system must be licensed individually even if they will not all be logged in at the same time.

For example if you had three shifts of 100 users you would need 300 CUWL user licenses in total.

I am not aware of any changes since I asked the question and there is nothing detailing EM in the ordering guide so I guess this is still the case

James,

I think what you are referring to is UCCX Licensing or soft phones. You don't need licenses for End Users in UCM.

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

Thanks Ya all.....Thats solves my puzzle...Cheers!!!